We receive compensation for some links on this blog and are always grateful if you use these links to support our content. Any opinions expressed in this post are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, sponsored, or endorsed by our advertising partners unless otherwise specifically noted.
Check out our 5 Travel Amenities to Bring Home After Your Next Trip.
I’ve always considered myself more of a Costco girl. But there is something to be said for the lure of free miles. And when free miles come with bulk goods (like 5-packs of toothpaste) it’s a bonus!
I’d originally overlooked the notice that American sent me about this partnership a couple of months ago. But after reading the fine print, I recognize an easy opportunity for miles for a membership many people need anyway.
You can earn the AAdvantage miles by signing up online. Or you can use the online link to generate an email to take into the club to sign up in person.
The enrollment page can be found here.
For those looking to rack up some credit card miles while shopping, Sam’s Club accepts American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and ATM debit cards. (While those policies apply to most memberships, business memberships are more restrictive with payment options.)
- This offer is only good for new memberships (current Sam’s Club members are not eligible).
- The bonus comes via an email with a sign-up bonus code. Members are responsible for ensuring they receive the email and comply with the instructions.
- Only the individual enrolling in Sam’s Club receives the mileage bonus. Additional individuals or cardholders on the account do not qualify.
- If the Sam’s Club membership is terminated, cancelled, or downgraded for any reason within the first 6 months of enrollment, the member will forfeit the sign-up bonus. (This text is more stringent than the 90 day cancellation penalty referenced elsewhere in the terms.)
- Offer valid only at Sam’s Club locations in the United States. (Sorry Puerto Rico).
Have you signed up for the Sam’s Club AAdvantage bonus? If so, we’d love to hear about your experience.