Welcome to another edition of the weekly recap for Jetsetter’s Homestead. This is our every Monday summary where we summarize what you might have missed in the past week. If you like to skim a website, start here – you can find it all in one neat place. (A little slice of our content, a bit about our life, a sense of our twisted humor, etc.)
It was a fairly quiet week in the blogsphere. No one was getting dragged off planes, beaten with strollers, or shamed for their clothing choices. And to be honest, we are kind of glad. We needed a slower week to catch up on other things.
Many of our fellow BoardingArea.com family were off at the Freddie Awards. I was excited to see American Airlines and Marriott win Best Elite Program for the Americas for airline and hotel. Since I spend most of my time with those two brands. I can only hope it is positive reinforcement to keep doing the right things.
This Week’s Posts
Meanwhile, we were at home for one last quiet week before the travel tornado starts again. Here’s the weekly recap of what we were writing about. The common theme seemed to be Uber and dumpster fires.
- Will Apple Kill the Uber App (and Uber)? – A secret meeting where Apple could have (and might still) quietly pull the plug on Uber.
- Things We Don’t Like – A Round Up – A “themed” version of the Round Up around a veritable dumpster fire of things we don’t like. We did finish with a nice video surprise at the end. I’ve watched it more than once.
- Lyft, Uber Enter Underserved Healthcare Market – I spend my days and professional time in this world. I’ve been hoping ridesharing can be the great disrupter for healthcare. Fortunately, a few brilliant minds are way ahead of me.
- Win a VIP Trip to Sevilla, Spain from Journy – A quick contest entry from a fun new company. (Look to hear more about this brand from us in May. We are working on a larger review of their offering!)
- Fyre Festival Debacle and Five Travel Planning Takeaways – The dumpster fire and Instagram millennial hipster celebrity debacle Fyre Festival kept us entertained this weekend. Along the way, we found a few takeaways that even seasoned travelers – and older folks – can appreciate.
Instagram Weekly Recap
We love Instagram. #obsessed #always #travel #jetsetter #homestead #foodporn #enoughalready
Here are a few of the snaps from the week. Some weeks we go light. Some weeks we go hard. You can follow us to see everything.
I’m at a conference in San Diego and then off to South Carolina. I’ll make a quick pit stop home late in the week to do laundry and pack and then we are off for a week on NCL Sky where we will be checking out their brand-new Cuba itinerary as well as checking in on their established weekend Bahamas run. Two back-to-back cruises on the Miami-based ship. Tune in to check all of that out. The next couple of weekly recap entries should be much more exciting!
Jim flew out with me to San Diego to enjoy my pre-conference weekend (and help me get set up). He heads back to Dallas today to work and keep things running at the homestead.