We aren’t too proud to admit that we make travel mistakes. Big ones, sometimes.
Some of more “best of” posts have been the ones where we confess the lessons we have learned, sometimes the hard way.
Here are a few of the “best of” posts from the Jetsetter’s Homestead archives:
- The Costly Hotel Mistake I Made – This one still haunts us. Sadly, we have not learned our lesson. We still do this even though we know better.
- The Critical Thing I Learned on the 787 Inaugural – We forget this one occasionally and have to carefully mark the 787 flights on our calendar.
- Why I Didn’t Tell You I Was In Town – This one still has a few of our friends and family angry. We understand why but stand behind our position.
- What to Do When Your Seat Assignment Sucks – Once in a while we still screw up our seat assignments or end up switching flights. This is advice we still use.
- Ten Commandments for Middle Seat Passengers – One of us flew in a middle seat a couple of months ago. It is still as bad as we remember it being.
- Should You Preregister for Loyalty Programs “Just In Case”? – The jury is still out on this one but we think in most cases, yes.
- Misleading Travel Advice – Ugh!
Have you made any big travel mistakes? If so, what were the most important lessons learned?