Today is the last day for Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access for card holders – which also means double Nordstrom reward points for Nordstrom card holders. And if you shop via the AAdvantage eShopping portal, you’ll also earn $4 miles per dollar spent.
I’m not a credit card pusher… and as such, I love that Nordstrom offers a debit card that earns rewards just like it’s credit card product. I’ve had this card for two years now and love racking up my “Nordstrom Notes” which are basically like gift certificates for future purchases (I’ve been known to hoard $200+ in these for when I need a rainy day treat). The debit works just like my own bank debit card – it’s tied to my checking account and purchases are debited there while still allowing me to earn my Nordstrom points. No finance charges, no interest, no bills to remember to pay – its great!
If you aren’t a Nordstrom card holder, you’ll be able to access the sale tomorrow. The Anniversary Sale always brings out some great deals on designer brands. Among them, some travel favorites:
* Tumi Alpha & Bravo line carry-on bags and other luggage (The Tumi “Alpha Bravo – Kingsville” Deluxe BriefPack is on sale for $297.90 – I used to carry an earlier version of this and loved it!)
* Kate Spade iPad Air and iPad Mini cases
* Longchamp expandable totes (a must for those overseas trips where extra shopping just happens)
* Several great wraps and travel cardigans that look ideal for winter travel
* Frye boots (this Jetsetter has yet to buy a pair of Frye’s that need to be taken off at PreCheck – no metal shank in any pair I own)
For the Homestead, I won’t lie – I’m still eyeballing a couple of splurges:
* Crosley Radio’s ‘Cruiser’ Turntable (still kicking myself for losing all my vinyl after college)
* Kate Spade’s ‘Places to Go’ mugs and dishes (because they are the perfect home treat for a Jetsetter!)
If you are not a Nordstrom card holder, regular access to the sale begins tomorrow.
If you have early access, have you shopped this year’s Anniversary Sale yet? If so, did you find some “must have” pieces? Or did you pass?